How to donate to the Charitable Trust
The whole object of the Charitable Trust is to raise money for charity and there are various ways of making donations which are set out below. Most donations made by UK taxpayers qualify for Gift Aid, a system whereby HMRC refunds the basic rate income tax assumed to have been paid on the gross donation. Conditions apply but in most cases the effect is to increase the value of the donation by 25%. In order for the Trust to reclaim Gift Aid the Almoner has to be in possession of a Gift Aid Declaration Form completed by the donor. A copy of the form is available here.
- Standing Order Most members of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries donate by regular Standing Order. Payments can be made monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annually. A Standing Order form is available here – CACT Standing order formPlease send the form direct to your bank and send a copy to the Almoner together with the Gift Aid Declaration Form if you have not previously completed one. Alternatively you may set up a standing order directly via online banking, in which case please let the Almoner know and send him the Gift Aid Declaration Form.
The Almoner’s address is Chris Bamford, Three Greens, Branksome Park Road, Camberley, GU15 2AE.
- Cheques Cheques should be sent to the Almoner (address above) together with a Gift Aid Declaration Form if one has not already been completed. Cheques drawn on CAF accounts do not qualify for further Gift Aid so a declaration form is not needed.
- Online Donations may be made online to the Trust’s bank account at Nat West Bank. The sort code is 50-00-00 and the account number is 00566470. Please give some identification of the donor’s name and, if one has not already been completed, send a Gift Aid Declaration Form to the Almoner.
- Credit Card The Trust has an account with Virgin Money Giving. This can be a very convenient method for sponsoring and supporting WCA events and supports both single and regular payments.Donations can be made online at the following address https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/donate/makeDonationForCharityDisplay.action?charityId=1003607.
Credit Card donors do not need to complete a separate Gift Aid form.
- Legacies Over the years a number of Liverymen have made substantial bequests to the Trust which have been used to help support our activities and many have committed legacies in their wills. Legacies can be a very tax-effective method of donating money and a bequest, no matter how large or small, will be warmly welcomed and remembered.